Two questions will tell you if you need this Reputation Management Checklist:
When a customer searches for your business, do you know what shows up in search results?
Do search results give the impression you are a reliable and well-liked business?
If the answer is no to either of these questions, you’re going to want to get started checking off the items on this 2017 Reputation Management Checklist.
Why Do I Need a Reputation Management Checklist?
The importance of managing your online reputation is clear considering online reviews, business social media profiles, and company websites rank highest in searches. These links provide exposure to a wider pool of prospective customers when sound SEO practices are combined with effective reputation management techniques and tools.
Studies have shown that over 80% of online searchers follow up via an in-store visit. Customers are using the internet to find out about your reputation before making a purchase. Think about it. Your next customer is more likely to find you through a mobile online search than driving by your storefront or billboard advertisement.
If your business lacks an enticing web presence, you risk losing business to competitors found in the same internet search who have ensured they have a positive online presence.
Your Online Reputation is Made Up of 3 Main Parts
- The content you create such as web pages, blog posts, and social media that can show up as links in search results.
- User generated content that shows up on third-party sites such as Yelp or ComplaintBoards.com in the form of reviews, ratings, and complaints.
- Mentions of your business by third party websites such as the Yellow Pages or Chamber of Commerce (also known as citations).
Using a tool like this reputation management checklist ensures you establish your credibility as a reliable business. A positive online reputation gives your company a competitive edge over others in your city and industry. Manage your reputation, and you position your business as the first and best choice when customers are researching online before making a decision where to spend their money.
The Reputation Management Checklist also ensures you are controlling much of what is being said about your business online and lets you influence those conversations towards positive messaging. Your online reputation serves as 24/7 advertising, getting the word out about your company to customers searching on the internet, specifically consumers in your community searching for your specific service.
Reputation Mangement Checklist– With Actionable Links
Quick Web Presence Audit:
- Do a Google Search of your business name.
- Do a Google Search of your business name + reviews.
- Check the major review sites for pages and reviews of your business.
- Check the major social media sites for pages or comments for your business.
- Set up Google Analytics
- Check the Google Search Console to ensure your web pages are indexed
- Claim and Optimize your Google My Business Listing
- Set up Google Alerts to monitor new mentions of your business
Ensure Your Visibility Online:
- Monitor and manage accurate business listings and citations
- Claim and optimize your business profiles on social media relevant to your industry
- Claim and optimize your business profiles on Review Sites your customers use
Managing Online Customer Reviews:
- Have a system in place to monitor your online reputation
- Check reviews daily on the review sites that matter most in your industry
- Encourage customers to leave reviews on top review sites with automated feedback emails
- Respond to all reviews – both negative and positive
- Promote your best reviews on your social media accounts and website
- Gather testimonials you can use for YouTube videos or testimonial pages
Website, Blog and Link Building:
- Create web pages that rank high in search results
- Consistently post search engine optimized keyword rich content to your website’s blog
- Guest post on popular blogs to get links back to your website
Your Online Reputation is Working 24/7
Your website and online marketing do not make up all or most of your web presence. Internet searches, social media, review websites, and complaint forums are top of mind activities and destinations as consumers search for the best service at the best price. Be sure to make reputation management, including a customer review strategy, part of your daily business operation. Automate your customer review management with low-cost services such as Reputation Loop to monitor your online reputation and ensure positive reviews are consistently gathered and promoted across the web.
About The Author
The post 2017 Reputation Management Checklist – With Actionable How-To Links appeared first on Reputation Loop.
from Reputation Loop http://ift.tt/2n9iKhm
via IFTTT From Our Associates at Reputation Loop
The post 2017 Reputation Management Checklist – With Actionable How-To Links appeared first on RepPilot.
from RepPilot http://reppilot.com/info/2017-reputation-management-checklist-with-actionable-how-to-links/